COOKIES POLICY INSTITUTO PÉREZ DE LA ROMANA
What are cookies?
Cookies are files that can be downloaded to your computer through the web pages. They are essential tools for the provision of many information society services. Among others, they allow a website to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their computer and, depending on the information obtained, can be used to recognize the user and improve the service offered.
Types of cookies
Depending on the entity that manages the domain from which cookies are sent and processes the data obtained, several types can be distinguished:
- Own cookies: those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the publisher itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third party cookies: those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies. In the event that cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the publisher itself but the information collected through them is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered as own cookies.
There is also a second classification according to the length of time they remain stored in the client’s browser, which may be:
- Session cookies: designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a website. They are usually used to store information that is only of interest for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (e.g. a list of products purchased).
- Persistent cookies: The data is still stored on the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
Finally, there is another classification with five types of cookies according to the purpose for which the data obtained are processed:
- Technical cookies: those that allow the user to navigate through a website, platform or application and the use of the different options or services that exist in it, such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, access restricted parts, remember the elements that make up an order, make the purchase process of an order, make the application for registration or participation in an event, use safety elements during navigation, store content for video or sound dissemination or share content through social networks.
- Customization cookies: they allow the user to access the service with some general characteristics predefined based on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal such as the language, the type of browser through which you access the service, the regional configuration from where you access the service, etc.
Analysis cookies: they allow the person in charge of them, the monitoring and analysis of the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected by means of this type of cookies is used in the measurement of the activity of the websites, application or platform and for the elaboration of navigation profiles of the users of said sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements in terms of the analysis of usage data made by users of the service.
- Advertising cookies: they allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of advertising spaces.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: they store information about the behavior of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows developing a specific profile to show advertising based on it.
Disabling and deleting cookies
- You have the option to allow, block or delete cookies installed on your computer by setting the browser options installed on your computer. By disabling cookies, some of the services available may no longer be operational. The way to disable cookies is different for each browser, but can usually be done from the Tools or Options menu. You can also consult the Browser Help menu where you can find instructions. The user may at any time choose which cookies they want to operate on this website.
You can allow, block or delete cookies installed on your computer by setting the browser options installed on your computer:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/impedir-que-los-sitios-web-guarden-sus-preferencia
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=es
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Linux/10.60/es-ES/cookies.html
In addition, you can also manage the storage of cookies in your browser through tools such as the following
- Ghostery: www.ghostery.com/
- Your online choices: www.youronlinechoices.com/es/
Cookies used on this website
The following are the cookies that are being used in this portal as well as their type and function:
Given this information, it is possible to carry out the following actions:
- Accept cookies. This notice will not be displayed again when accessing any page of the portal during this session.
- Close. This page hides the warning.