One of the most demonded interventions in Cosmetic Surgery is the abdominoplasty or tummy tuck, that
aims to remodel the abdomen area completely, removing the excess skin, eliminating the
accumulation of fat and correcting the separation between the straight abdominal muscles.
The bulky and unsightly appearance of the abdomen spoils the whole silhouette and creates a complex
and low self-esteem, not only in young women who have had several pregnancies or a great weight loss,
but also in men.
Until recently this intervention was performed to correct only the abdomen without paying attention to the
neighboring areas, such as hips, back, flanks and pubis. But some surgeons noticed the need to remove
fatty deposits in the hips, flanks and pubis, to achieve the most complete result.
There are several techniques of abdominoplasty, but most of them do not admit the performance of
liposuction at the same surgical time, because of the risk of skin vascularization.
The Tulua abdominoplasty technique is the most complete one, because it allows to associate
liposuction of the trunk and remodel the figure more perfectly without vascularization compromise.
This new technique called Tulua was invented by the Colombian surgeon Francisco Villegas and it
consists of the following steps: removing excess in the infraumblical area with transversal plication of the
abdominal muscles and creating a new navel, performing liposuction of the entire body contour with
absolute vascular safety.
For whom is the Tulua abdominoplasty technique indicated?
It can be applied to all patients who need to remove skin from the lower abdomen, which is infraumblical
area and needs to reshape the entire contour of the abdomen and trunk. This method has a great application throughout Body Contour Surgery.
It is specially indicated in:
- Patients with excess tissue below the navel.
- Patients in which the supraumblical region must be preserved in order to preserve the blood vessels
in this area.
- Patients with umbilical hernias or problems of the navel pedicle, repeated infections or elongation of
the navel, malformation or bad situation of the same.
- In people operated on abdominoplasty with other techniques with a bad result, who have visible scar,
located too high.
- In patients who do not have a navel.
Since we use the Vaser Lipo technique to remodel the body contour we get the best results in the back area, waist, hips and abdomen.
In cases when the abdominal skin is excessive and the muscles are very distended, there is a necessity
of the combination of Vaser Lipo with abdominoplasty.
This is the combined technique that we use at the Pérez de la Romana Institute and we call it “Tulua
abdominoplasty HD” . It achieves perfect results in abdomen area and complete body remodeling.
What modifications have we made to the Tulua technique?
The method we use at the Institute always begins with performing a Vaser liposuction to remove fat, retract the skin and remodel the silhouette of the back, waist, flanks, hips and pubis.
Then, we perform the Tulua abdominoplasty. Afterwards we do the secondary Vaser Lipo liposuction when we can define the muscles, if the patient wishes so.
Finally, we do “neumblicoplasia” which is the creation of a new navel at the point we want it to be, fixing the skin to the fascia muscle, so that it remains sunken and has an aesthetically attractive appearance.
The recovery period after Tulua HD abdominoplasty
The recovery period after performing our Tulua HD abdominoplasty technique is equal to that of the
Vaser Lipo of the trunk and normal abdominoplasty.
The patient should wear a compressive garnment for 1.5 months and receive lymphatic drainage massages during that time. You can return to your normal life in a week after the procedure.
The advantages of the Tulua HD Tummy tuck
- This technique allows the association of abdominoplasty with circumferential liposuction of high definition Vaser Lipo, being able to remodel the entire body contour: the abdomen, back, hips and flanks and pubis in the same surgical time.
- Make the abdominoplasty scar very low, which can be hidden perfectly under a bikini which used to be difficult to get with other techniques.
- Allows to creat a new navel, placed at the most atractive point of the abdomen area.
- Provides excellent outcomes with total vascular safety.